Friday, January 14, 2011

Buttercream icing

One of my new years resolutions this years is to learn to make the perfect cupcakes so I started by baking some for my birthday. The actual cupcakes were just average but I'm quite proud of the icing so I thought I'd post the recipe. It's really good.
 
Ingredients:

2 cups  confectioners sugar (icing or powdered sugar), sifted

1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

2 tablespoons milk or light cream

Assorted food colors (if desired)

Method:

With an electric beater beat the butter, milk, vanilla essence and food colouring until soft.

Add the icing sugar in a few batches and keep beating untill smooth and fluffy. (You might need to add a few more drops of milk)

Enjoy!

Look how pretty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment